Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Back to school

Its time of the year again for parents to prepare lots and lots of things for their kids before going back to school next year, schoolbag, books, stationery, shoes and socks, uniform, badges and the list goes on. I noticed that current trend, there are variety tyoe of school uniform depending on your position in school, if you are prefect then your uniform is different and so does a librarion or class monitor.

Back then it was way much easier, just differentiated by tie colour..so parents won't have to worry about spending extra cash for the class monitor or school librarian. I wore my pinafore till the end of the skirt rest above my knee and the white blouse was no longer pearly white :-)...it was hard tp keep on changing and buying new uniform.

Our school bag were different from those kids now, at one time I had a case with blue checkered and worn it till the outer layer peeled off, at those time beg peti was a hit...but the peer pressure was less and we did not care if our's was not a famous brand and being in a small town like Alor Star, we don't have many choice unless you go to shop in Penang.

Moving to secondary school we opted for backpack, my normal shopping spree was at a small shop next to Hankyu Jaya, we could bargain to suit our badget and again just bag cap ayam but it does work well for few years coz our text book are much lesser than current primary kids..most of us will adorned our bag with various type batch from White Snake, Bon Jovi to New Kids On The Block... :-)
Book band was a must-have too where we bought at mall or lorong sempit, just few ringgit and we look up-to-date.

I went to school by beca Pak Harun...just a small trishaw that could accommodate 6 pupils..six not two ya..!!we just squizzed in with our beg peti and botoi ayaq from Seberang Perak to SNC..the worst part is when the beca had to cross the bridge over Kedah River...kena turun sat pastu naik balik kat Pekan Melayu..one fine day I fell off the beca and hit the hot premix road ;-P ... those were the days..
Then when my parents had enough money I was send by Bas Mak Nab, small van actually ..life changed a bit bith more friends to minggle but need to woke up early and by secondary school I managed to persuaded my mom to allow me to go to school by Bas Bandaran which cost me only tiga kupang per trip and looks more cool with more friends to hang out and more boys from KSAH to eye...hampehh...but that was it, just look and nothing happen..we were innocent and naive but we never move forward with anything stupid... :-)

I think when we were small in the 80's life was more relax...we were not influenced much by tv commercial and what not..we just go to school with what is necessary and few cents and turn out to be like we are today compared to kids nowadays who need to be equipped with different kind of uniform, shoes, handphone and other unnecessary items.....

No comments: